Set a static IP for WPA wireless network
1. Get the encrypted WPA wireless key
wpa_passphrase <network name> "<passphrase>"
wpa_passphrase myNetwork "This is my passphrase"
You will get something like the following:
#psk="This is my passphrase"
Copy the text after psk=
2. Edit the interfaces configuration
sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces
(you can use any text editor you want)
Add the following to the file replacing
- <interface> with the proper interface, e.g. wlan0 or eth1,
- The IP addresses with the proper IP addresses for your network
- <network name> with the name of your network
- <encrypted psk key> with the key you got in the previous step
iface <interface> inet static
wpa-psk <encrypted psk key>
3. Disable the Network manager.
From the main menu select "System | preferences | Sessions" and remove the check mark for the network manager