LAMP Stack: Linux, Apache, MySQL, Python/Perl/PHP/Ruby(!)/...
NOTE: The meeting location for this month has changed. This month's meeting will be held at the Heuther Hotel in Waterloo. We are meeting in the Boardroom beginning at 7:30.
Khalid will tell us about the LAMP stack, the basis of oodles and oodles of websites that distract and upset us.
Here is a proposed outline of the talk. Should be 1.5 hours or so.
- What is LAMP
- Why LAMP
- Some applications running LAMP (Drupal, Joomla, Zope/Plone, Django)
- Some sites running LAMP (Slashdot, Digg, ...etc.)
- The L we all know and love
- The A and alternates (lighttpd, ngnix)
- The M (MyISAM, InnoDB)
- The Ps (PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby [not a P!]) Focus more on PHP
- Installing LAMP
- Different ways of running PHP
- Performance considerations
- Security considerations
Note: The presentation slides are attached in PDF format below. Thanks to all who attended.